I’ll be participating in this cool event. Feel free to drop by any time during the entire month!
My hubby is a great cook. He’s always coming up with creative dishes to tantalize my palette. The other day, he surprised me with a special twist on baked apples. It was so delish, I thought I’d share his recipe (which I had to wheedle out of him)…just in time for Thanksgiving.
Alter to your taste. He certainly would. 🙂
~Enjoy! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- 2 Fuji apples (or type of your preference)
- PAM cooking spray, canola oil
- 4 pads of butter
- Blackstrap molasses
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- 4 pecan sandies
- Core and half two Fuji apples (or other type).
- Spray a 10x10x2 ceramic baking dish with a cooking spray (such as PAM with canola oil).
- Cut 4 pads of butter and place in the pan.
- Lay each apple half over each pad of butter.
- Drizzle each apple half generously with Kahlua (to taste).
- Drizzle each apple half with blackstrap molasses.
- Lightly sprinkle with ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour (or 350 degrees for half an hour). (Ovens may vary.)
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle 1 crushed pecan sandie over each apple half.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Serve.
Hubby and I were watching these adorable puppy videos the other day on youtube and I just had to share!
Daisy and Cooper go to McDonalds:
Mom and Dad and the kids in the yard
And now for a real challenge.
Now this gets me every time. Andrea Bocelli singing Besame Mucho (Kiss Me A Lot). Enjoy it while you drool.